I was a little scared…
Sadly, the first sock had to be frogged and re-knit as I was displeased with the color pooling after the second sock turned out such happy-making stripes. Mom insists she likes the mismatch, but I didn’t know if I could live with it.
It doesn’t show in the pictures, but I really like the rotating rib pattern I threw in. You know, cause the colors weren’t bright enough
I really tried to love the first round, but the pooling on the leg was driving me bonkers. I was ever so disinclined to frog the whole thing and tried any number of ideas to redo the leg only. But, socks are still new and mysterious to me. I wasn’t sure what to do.
Eventually, frustrated and tired and with nothing to lose except re-knitting the whole thing, I boldly took scissors to it. I cut the most offensive of the pooling away and knit up from there, making adjustments to the yarn every so often to ensure some type of stripes. There’s still two blotches, but I am learning to make peace with them (and well, they’re in the heel/gusset area, for pete’s sake - I’m not touching that).