Monday, August 25, 2008

I Almost Have a Must Have....

So, I didn't complete my Must Have (Most My Mind) Cardigan before the end of the Ravs. sigh.

Here is the post I did on my Rav Team's thread, written at 4am on Sunday:

WARNING: this is not a happy post.

I am admitting defeat. I am proud of the projects I completed over the past 16 days, don’t get me wrong. But the Must Have was my big-Ravelympics-project. At this point, my knitting is wildly scattered. I have completed the back and both fronts. I blocked these pieces and knitted the shoulder seams and am about halfway through the buttonhole band. I have about half of one sleeve. In preparation, I’d read the pattern through carefully, I swatched and I even made a bloody excel chart. These were all firsts for me and I learned a lot from the process. I did these things because I knew this was going to be a huge challenge for me. I did all I could but have completely lost focus..and it just ain’t gonna be done. sigh

I’m calling it early because I need to put it down or really start to dislike it. My new found passion over knitting (thanks in large part to the Ravelympics and this terrific team) are not sacrifices I am going to make to finish this before the deadline. It will be my first WIP of the HO group.

I’m bummed not to be able to have this as a completed project for our team. I feel a little like the girl who falls off the parallel bars…Sorry all.

ETA: I think I am going to spend the rest of this time cheering you guys on. Watching your FOs come in is great fun! I’d much prefer that to angry, tearfilled knitting!

This is where I got to:

1 comment:

  1. Cheer up and take a (mmm) chocolate! ;0) I am in the same seat. My poor hoddy screaming after me in the basket... One arm to go etc etc... I really wants this cardigan! But... I found so much other fun things to do, too...

    Thanks for being a great team mate you too!

    ReplyDelete