Monday, August 11, 2008

It is a sock, afterall


Finished the First of Mom's Mystery Socks. Yahooey. I cast on the second toute de suite to avoid the dreaded SST.

I love/hate this yarn. On the one hand, it is insanely splitty. It unplies at the drop of a hat. It is slippery as all get out and pretty much refuses to stay on steel needles. Knitting is a b*tch when you're worried constantly about stitches slipping off the needles.

On the other hand, it appears to be treated with something (teflon maybe?) that makes it glide across my fingers. It feels great. I know the Lion Brand Sock-Ease is supposed to be treated with aloe and both feel good and have positive affects on the hand, but this stuff feels like it really might be. Also, once knitted up, it is buttery soft. Insanely soft. And once knit up, it gains some kind of wonderful elasticity. In the finished sock, it feels like my foot is being hugged by velvet. In a sock, it makes for a pretty happy foot.

Also, I love, love the colorway. I truly does represent the mardi gras colors richly and accurately.

1 comment: