Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's beginning to look like a sock...

I've been hot to make mom another sock since that first crazy pair. When the ravelympics came up, it seemed like perfect timing. I was beyond thrilled to find a sock yarn in a colorway called "Mardi Gras." Must be kismet, right?

Here's the yarn:
It's Crystal Palace Cotton Panda. I bought in online from the Loopy Ewe.

Here's where I am thus far:
(i've entered the 'ick' - interesting that i suddenly felt the need to be blogging instead of knitting - hee hee)

I've struggled with the yarn. It has a strong tendency to come unplied whenever it wants. It's also slippery as all get out. I eventually decided I needed to switch off my beloved steel DPNs in favor of bamboo. Only problem? I'm missing one bamboo needle in the size I'm using. Solution? I'm using one floating steel with the four bamboo. It actually seems to be helping with my tension. Go figure.

Knitted up, this yarn feels buttery soft. So soft that I kind of love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment